Monday, March 29, 2010

Quotes: "People used to laugh at my fashion..." -Coco Chanel

"People used to laugh at my fashion, but it was the beginning of my success. I was same with nobody." -Coco Chanel



I was looking at a magazine when I was young and I noticed this quote in the Chanel page. I got a moment to think about it and I thought, 'I was same with nobody...What does this mean?' While thinking for a few days after that, I came up with a thought that inspired me. 'I was same with nobody. Nobody. Then, who would I be? Myself.' I would be no one, except myself. Surrounded by lots of friends who talked about their lives every day, I was influenced by them. My clothes, thoughts, hairstyle, and even handwriting were influenced by my friends and peers. After reading this quote, I felt that I needed to keep my own identity. The word, "identity" seems a little serious, but it is a hard thing to keep as an individual since we're surrounded by a lot of things. Fashion is not an exception. Fashion is filled with influence and originality is hard to form. Coco Chanel did it. Lots of designers did it. Why can't I? Obviously, I wouldn't come up with a brand in one day and get famous, but my every day style would be my own. It seems easy, but it's not. Try it. Have your own style every day. Your own, creative style. Be no one, except yourself.

Be a fashionista by having your own style!

No comments:

Post a Comment